Bodies in motion / Dance-Code Series
Full immersion on the human body movement potential using an extensive dance-specific KinetiCode®Pilates repertoire, up-to-date functional exercises and movement science researches.
‘Discover the universe of your body from inside-out….Build your body into a strong foundation.’
This workshop will underline anatomical and biomechanical principles, making the students explore different relationships of kinetic chains of body parts in flexibility- stability- strength phase of dance training.
A comprehensive KinetiCode®Pilates study will give you the tools to improve your core stability, coordination and balance required when moving quickly and changing direction in complex dance routines.
Sequences of jumping, off-balance/balance and turning will challenge your experience to apply in motion a dynamic alignment and principles of movement learned in static position, making you understand better their correlations and utilities in space.
Participants will learn postural alignment exercises designed to develop a proper muscular strength, symmetry, stability, and specific understanding of dance techniques for improved dance placement and neuromuscular control.
An analysis of functional anatomy will bring you directly into a physical awareness of your body’s function and design, helping you in the prevention/ post injuries and improvement of your dance performance.
Outline of the KinetiCode®Pilates workshop:
- Awareness of a dynamic alignment
- Integrate two systems of Core to optimise your pelvis placement
- Increase core control and strength, understanding its role in preventing injuries
- Optimise hip, knee, foot and ankle alignment
- Correction of muscle imbalance and repetitive movement injuries
- Experience the synergy of the stability and moment systems to the body
- Improve balance, proprioception and stability in static and dynamic movement sequences
- Learn how a kinesthetic way of using the brain can affect movement and function
- Improve key areas such as flexibility/extensions, turnout, torso stability, legs strength, and ankle-foot control
- Decreased movement stresses on joints and ligaments
- Realise unwanted tensions, reestablish a correct neuromuscular coordination.
- Correct breathing and mental concentration
Date: Monday 6 – Friday 10 July
Time: 15:00 – 18:00
Price: € 160,-
Minimium participants: 15
Maximum participants: 20
Location: HJS Summer Intensive 2015/ Chasse Dance Studio Chasséstraat 64, 1057 JJ Amsterdam
During the workshop, KinetiCode®Pilates will select candidates for the Scholarship of KinetiCode®Pilates Teacher Certification starting in September 2015.